Tuesday 10 December 2013

TEDxWhitehall Women Event at BAFTA, Piccadilly Friday 6th December

My next event on this memorable day was to speak at my first TED event.  Simone Roche is a force to be reckoned with as Director of Women 1st and Rebecca Hill was equally implicit in getting some twenty three women to each speak for no more than 10 minutes on a topic of interest and importance. The group included Stella Creasy MP - whose talk was entitled Rabbits and Rebel Rousing!  Others included Sheryl Sandberg, COO Facebook, Carla Buzasi, editor of the Huffington Post UK, Liz Bingham who is a Board member of  Ernst and Young and a host of other talented women.  The event was streamed to San Francisco with a multitude of others listening in and tweets flying back and forth.  I was cheered on the social media associated with the event for talking about women at the top and my topic (suggested to me by various Marketors!) was 'Sisterhood'. TED activities, I discovered, are wide ranging and increasingly popular. It was a pleasure to participate. Certainly the lady Marketors were right behind this!

No comments:

Post a Comment