Tuesday 10 December 2013

International Cultural Exchange Annual Dinner House of Lords Friday 6th December

The International Cultural Exchange was founded in 1949 with the late Countess Mountbatten of Burma as its first President.  It is a non-political, non-profit making organisation with no endowment, dedicated to promoting understanding between different nations and cultures. The present President is Viscount Allenby and the annual dinner is hosted by Peers. This year our host was the Rt Hon the Lord Hunt of the Wirral MBE, who knows me very well and David was very much involved with the Industry and Parliament Trust when I was CEO.  As guest speaker, accompanied by my husband, I was warmly welcomed. After an excellent dinner I spoke about my MBA that included time spent in Russia and my experience of working internationally, also my time as head of Cable &Wireless in SE Asia, based in Singapore.  It was a very convivial evening, occupying the whole of the Peers Dining Room, also enhanced with seasonal music from the Salvation Army Band.  After a long day it took me some time to extricate myself from the many questions that continued to be asked some time after we left the dining room.  I heartily endorse the excellent work of this quite uniquely well supported Charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment