Wednesday 17 July 2013

Academy of Marketing Life Achievement Award (Honorary Life Member of the Academy of Marketing) Thursday 11 July

I was invited to attend the 2013 Academy of Marketing Conference that took place in Cardiff this year from 8 - 11 July.  However, with a prior engagement at the General Synod of the Church of England in York I was unable to join the conference until the final day.  I was impressed by the over 400 attendees as well as the breadth and variety of the marketing topics covered and the academic thinking taking place on the present issues in our profession. Next year's conference will take place in Brighton. Several Marketors were present and the Conference Chairman was Freeman John Egan, Professor of Marketing at London South Bank University.

The Conference Dinner took place at Cardiff City Hall and I was delighted to be presented with a superb brass plaque from Dr Caroline Tynan, my tutor on my MBA some twenty years ago, in respect of a Life Achievement Award from the Academy, in recognition of 'extraordinary and distinguished services to Marketing', and to be recognised as an Honorary Fellow of the AM and Life Member of the AM (HLMAM).  I felt very humbled in the company of such luminaries as Professor Malcolm MacDonald and Professor Phil Harris, previous recipients of this Award and fellow Marketors.

No comments:

Post a Comment