Thursday 13 September 2012

The Modern Mistress

13.09.12

The role of a Worshipful Company Mistress can be a tough one as amongst their many tasks is that of supporting the Master and attending a variety of events where they too are representing their respective Companies. Ocasionally they are the sole representative as was the case today when a number of the Mistresses of the Morden Livery Companies met at the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists hall by Smithfield where the Mistress of the Worshipful Company of Tax Advisors, Cynthia Gravestock hosted a Modern Mistresses' Luncheon.

While I was, quite rightly, not invited, I can imagine the scene in that the Information Technologists is my other Company, and was my first Company by 5 months back in 1993. I am sure that the main hall was alive with discussion on such subjects as the future of the Worshipful Company movement, particularly as Alderman Fiona Woolf CBE was the key note speaker. Having been responsible for the very first of the Modern Mistresses' Luncheon I am sure that Alderman Woolf is rightly proud of the development of this important initiative.

John Flynn
Master Marketor

No comments:

Post a Comment