Sunday 7 March 2010

Music for the Marketors

If you were at the Installation Dinner you will have heard the adults from my local church choir singing a short Grace by Andrew Parnell after dinner. I was delighted the other day to hear from the Master Chartered Surveyor, who was a Company guest, that he liked it so much that he is having it sung at one of his own formal events. Maybe we are starting a new City tradition!

One of the privileges of being Master, is that you are allowed to suggest music for the annual service of rededication (Tuesday 11th May, St Bride's, Fleet Street). So I have had huge fun trying to balance my favourites with what I hope the members of the Company will enjoy.

So for the cognoscenti among you, and with thanks to Archdeacon David Meara for his agreement and support, the theme will be "Hope" and the music will include:
"I sat down under his shadow" by Bairstow
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth" by Bainton
The Lord's Prayer by Durufle
"The Lord bless you and keep you" by Rutter.

And if you want to know the choice of hymns (and they are a cracking good sing) you'll just have to come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment